THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Since I am at a stage where I am convinced about the stupidity of whatever it is that I want to write, in past couple of weeks I have not written on
- How Obama is the anti Christ. 1972. Senator McGovern. The last grassroots candidate to get the nomination of any national party was wiped out by a prophet called Richard Nixon and by his own disastrous vetting process. Maybe this time, we’d hear someone from the opposite camp: “..behind Palin 1000 percent”. The next grassroots candidate — Barack Obama – might actually become President while McCain might end up being that one. Symmetry and strange loop.
- If you think I am now reading Richard Michael Marano, you’d be wrong. However, I must admit, Richard Ben Cramer’s 1988 story is very charming. Bob Dole referring to himself in the third person is a story worth being retold.
- Just who is Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio? They should stop with the Pulitzer Prize — that would make them stop saying America is insular. And on that note,Annie Proulx was on radio — again denouncing the movie people for having distorted her story out its context.
- The people who wanted to slam Nehru — especially the blog type people who used to think their criticism bothered other bloggers — should have limited their criticism to just one aspect. That he sought re-election in 1957. All else is meaningless. The discussion is most certainly 5 years too late for the desi ’sphere; isn’t Bloomberg seeking/wanting to seek a third term?
- I am attending DMDK’s rally at Island Grounds on Oct 19.