THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
One handed ofcourse.
- rest your knuckles (on your palm) on the top of the handle with your racquet face perpendicular to the ground.
- close your hand around the handle and hold it not too tight.
- swing the racquet when you see the ball approach you and hit the ball on the side of the racquet that has four fingers wrapped around when the ball’s 50-60 cm in front of you
- don’t think too much. You’ll get it right after some practice.
- don’t even try this when returning a 1st serve.
Ofcourse, you have to be Justine Henin or Gustavo Kuerten to think about taking this one notch further up.